🍟 12/7/2023 – Two Niche Franchises With Impressive Returns
FRANCHISES OF THE WEEK
1) Music Go Round
- HQ: Minneapolis, MN
- Founded in 1986, franchising since 1994
- Music Go Round is a music store that specializes in buying, selling, and trading new and used musical instruments and equipment
- Royalty: 4%
- Brand Fund: $1,500/y
- Franchise Fee: $25,000
- The below table discloses information on 36 franchised Music Go Round Stores for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2022.
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
Retail franchises aren’t as common in the franchise world, but Music Go Round appears to have carved out a small niche in resales of music instruments and equipment.
It’s anyone’s guess (unless you’re in the music biz maybe?) what the margins are on a resold guitar, but almost $1.3M in revenue off of an investment that falls just short of $400k looks worthy of diving deeper into.
Check them out via the link below if the business interests you!
- HQ: Salt Lake City, UT
- Founded in 1920, franchising since 2011
- YESCO, or Young Electric Sign Company, is a renowned American sign and outdoor advertising company with a history in designing and manufacturing signage solutions
- Royalty: 6%
- Brand Fund: 3%
- Franchise Fee: $50,000
- The below table discloses information on 56 franchised YESCO® businesses that were open and continuously operated by franchisees during the period from January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
YESCO is a unique B2B service franchise. Like any other service based franchise, you don’t need a brick & mortar buildout.
The franchisor seems to generate leads for franchisees, which if they truly deliver on that, can be a major benefit for franchise owners. They also have their own software that franchisees utilize.
Between the niche industry they operate in and the professionalization they’ve built into the model, this could be a good service franchise for aspiring entrepreneurs who don’t want to be in brick & mortar.
FROM THE POD
Dan Giacomazzi and Artem Lopatchenko – Ace Handyman Services
This was a super fun conversation with college friends and now business partners of Ace Handyman Services.
Check out our conversation here!
Disclaimer: This Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any franchises, securities, or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the franchise and/or securities laws of such jurisdiction.
All Content in this email is information of a general nature and does not address the detailed circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Nothing in the email constitutes professional and/or financial advice, nor does any information in the email constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other Content in this email before making any decisions based on such information or other Content.