🍟 2/8/2024 – Teriyaki Madness With $1.1M AUV
1) Teriyaki Madness
- HQ: Denver, CO
- Founded in 2003, franchising since 2005
- Teriyaki Madness is a fast casual restaurant specializing in Asian cuisine.
- Royalty: 6%
- Brand Fund: 3%
- Franchise Fee: $38,250 – $45,000
- The below table discloses information on 29 Teriyaki Shops that met the following criteria: (a) have been in operation for at least one year; (b) have had no change of ownership within such one-year period; (c) were not managed by a management company affiliated with the franchisor; (d) were in traditional locations
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
Teriyaki Madness is showing an impressive average unit volume of $1.1M.
Outside of the numbers, I like that this is a fast-casual brand built around asian cuisine. There’s a gluttony of competitors in just about every restaurant sector:
- Fried Chicken
- Salad Houses
- Mexican cuisine
…but not in Asian cuisine. Outside of Panda Express, there are really no other big players. And Teriyaki Madness is a fast-casual restaurant versus fast food, so they have a lot of differentiation from Panda Express in that respect.
They’re a growing brand who could be great for aspiring or current restauranteurs. You can even potentially invest passively into them via FranShares!
2) Mr. Rooter
- HQ: Waco, TX
- Founded in 1968, franchising since 1972
- Mr. Rooter is a business that specializes in plumbing and bathroom remodeling.
- Royalty: 5% – 7%
- Brand Fund: 2%
- Franchise Fee: $42,500
- The below table discloses information on 195 Mr. Rooter franchises that were open and operating for the full 2022 calendar year.
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
Roto Rooter is a plumbing franchise backed by the neighborly platform.
Plumbing franchises have a lot of positives..but plumbing hold co owner John Wilson sums up the best reason with this tweet:
For aspiring home services business owners, this is a competitive industry, but one that isn’t going anywhere.
Check them out via the link below!
Dru Carpenito – The Franchise Hype Cycle
This week’s podcast was co-hosted with Dru Carpenito! We talk about the franchise hype cycle and other things happening in the industry!
Check out our conversation here!
Disclaimer: This Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any franchises, securities, or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the franchise and/or securities laws of such jurisdiction.
All Content in this email is information of a general nature and does not address the detailed circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Nothing in the email constitutes professional and/or financial advice, nor does any information in the email constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other Content in this email before making any decisions based on such information or other Content.