🍟 4/6/2023 – Electronics Shop Averaging $1.4M in Revenue
FRANCHISES OF THE WEEK
1) Fuzzy’s Taco Shop
- Founded in 2003, franchising since 2009
- Based in Irving, TX; 137 locations open at the start of 2022
- Modern counter-service chain serving Baja-style tacos & other Mexican eats, plus beer & margaritas.
Fees + Investment
- Royalty: 5%
- Brand Fund: 2%
- Franchise Fee: $30,000 – $40,000
- Initial Investment: $370,500 – $1,224,600
- The data reported below reflects Gross Sales for Reporting Units for the 2022 Fiscal Year.
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
Fuzzy’s Taco Shop shows an impressive average unit volume of just over $1.8 million.
The Dallas based brand has a great vibe, pet friendly atmosphere, and a killer drink menu too. Their average unit volume last year was higher than 2019 pre-covid levels, when they reported ~$1.5 million in average revenue.
Given the growth in AUV, it’s no surprise that they were acquired by a big player – Dine Brands Global – the owner of IHOP and Applebee’s.
If you’re a restauranteur looking to expand with a fun casual dining concept, check out Fuzzy’s!
- Founded in 2011, franchising since 2020
- Based in New York; 12 locations open (77 in development)
- Local and secure retail location where people go to buy, sell, trade or recycle their old electronic devices while remaining data safe.
Fees + Investment
- Royalty: 4%
- Brand Fund: 1%
- Franchise Fee: $30,000
- Initial Investment: $152,050 – $242,450
- The below historical financial performance representations are for 3 corporate PayMore units and a franchise PayMore unit. Gross Sales are calculated as total sales minus sales tax and customer refunds.
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
While Paymore only had 4 locations open in 2021, an average unit volume of just under $1.4 million is pretty fantastic relative to the investment level.
Their model is effectively a pawn shop for consumer electronics, including cell phones, tablets, laptops, gaming systems, and more.
They also have a proprietary POS system that allows employees to accurately assess the real-time value of any products traded in by a consumer.
Today, Paymore has around 10 locations open, with about 40 more being built nationwide. Word on the street is a few franchisees have bought more units after getting their first location open – which is always a great sign.
Check out their website below for more information!
FROM THE POD
CJ Adams – THREE Franchise Brands
CJ Adams went from being a real estate agent in Florida, to owning 3 dual-branded franchise locations in just a single acquisition:
- Marble Slab Creamery
- Great American Cookies
He now also owns a dual-branded location of Great American Cookies and Pretzelmaker.
This was a super fun conversation on what it’s like to transition from one profession, to diving head first into franchise ownership!
Check out the conversation here!
Disclaimer: This Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any franchises, securities, or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the franchise and/or securities laws of such jurisdiction.
All Content in this email is information of a general nature and does not address the detailed circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Nothing in the email constitutes professional and/or financial advice, nor does any information in the email constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other Content in this email before making any decisions based on such information or other Content.