🍟 11/30/2023 – General Contracting Franchise With ~10x Revenue
FRANCHISES OF THE WEEK
- HQ: Monroe, WA
- Founded in 2004, franchising since 2018
- Transblue is a construction and landscaping company that specializes in services like deck construction, patio installation, and landscaping design
- Royalty: 7%
- Brand Fund: 1%
- Franchise Fee: $49,500
- The below table discloses information on Transblue franchisees that have been in operation as a franchisee for more than one day and made any gross sales at any point during the 12 month period ending on December 31, 2021.
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
Transblue is a newer franchise that operates in a sector of home services that requires a bit more of a sophisticated operator: general contracting.
Owners should absolutely be the operators in a concept like this, as they need to manage outdoor construction, do remodeling, oversee ongoing maintenance for residential, commercial, and residential clients, and more.
As the revenue data shows, it can yield a high dollar return assuming moderate margins.
With the economy a bit shaky, this business may have more recession resistance than other industries!
2) Relax The Back
- HQ: Long Beach, CA
- Founded in 1984, franchising since 1989
- Relax The Back is a retail store featuring wellness and back-related equipment, furniture, and products.
- Royalty: 5%
- Brand Fund: 2%
- Franchise Fee: $5,000 – $29,500
- The below table discloses information for the 77 franchised Traditional Relax The Back Stores that were open for the entire fiscal year ended December 31, 2022.
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
This brand has had some closures in recent years, so that is a yellow flag – but as a concept it’s certainly on trend with the rise of remote work (we all need good office chairs!).
Back problems aren’t going away, so if you can dial in marketing and provide the right products, perhaps this franchise can be a good fit in your market.
Keep in mind this is a retail concept that requires store inventory, which may require higher levels of working capital than the investment than an FDD would indicate.
As always, if this concept interests you….get in touch with their franchisees for the real scoop!
FROM THE POD
Magen Bynum – Magnolia Soap and Bath
This was a fun conversation with an inspiring entrepreneur who is building a unique concept in franchising.
Check out our conversation here!
Disclaimer: This Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any franchises, securities, or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the franchise and/or securities laws of such jurisdiction.
All Content in this email is information of a general nature and does not address the detailed circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Nothing in the email constitutes professional and/or financial advice, nor does any information in the email constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other Content in this email before making any decisions based on such information or other Content.