🍟 11/16/2023 – Innovative Beauty Franchise With 3x Revenue
FRANCHISES OF THE WEEK
1) Sugaring NYC
- HQ: West Palm Beach, FL
- Founded in 2015, franchising since 2017
- Sugaring NYC is an organic waxing and lash studio specializing in hair removal
- Royalty: 5%
- Brand Fund: 1%
- Franchise Fee: $29,900
- The below table discloses information on 10 franchised outlets that were open and operating the entire year or almost the entire 2021 calendar year.
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
Sugaring is an emerging concept showing an investment level of $200,000 with an average revenue that is 3x that amount.
Beyond the numbers, you may be wondering – wtf is “sugaring”?!? Here’s a recap on what this concept is all about…
Waxing vs Sugaring
- Must be heated and can burn/scar your skin
- Made with resins and potentially toxic chemicals
- Can cause skin irritation and requires chemicals to help remove it
- Made of 100% natural ingredients (just water and sugar)
- Applied to the body at room temperature, thus no burning
- Can be easily removed with water so it doesn’t irritate the skin
Sugaring also appears to be a more effective hair removal process as well, as it removes more hair and doesn’t lead to ingrown hairs like waxing can.
Overall, it’s just as effective as waxing (if not better), and it’s a more pleasant user-experience and arguably a healthier one too.
My main question would be this: can every salon that offers waxing pivot quickly to sugaring? Or is there some sort of defensibility to the service?
If you’re interested in this franchise, check out the link below!
2) The Driveway Company
- HQ: Dallas, TX
- Founded in 2016, franchising since 2019
- The Driveway Company specializes in concrete repair and maintenance needs and has a reputation for trusted driveway repair
- Royalty: 7%
- Brand Fund: 1%
- Franchise Fee: $59,900
- The below table discloses information on 20 franchised outlets that were open and operating the entire 2021 calendar year
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
Another week, another home services franchise with a far lower investment than the typical brick and mortar business, and showing the potential for cashflow.
This brand has been franchising since 2019, and has shown impressive growth since that time with 20+ franchisees already onboarded and operating.
I’ll spare you the usual spiel on why home-services franchises can be a great choice. Check out The Driveway Company if you like what you see!
- The Driveway Company Franchise Website
- The Driveway Company Named One of Entrepreneur’s Top New and Emerging Franchises
FROM THE POD
Carmelo Marsala – Spray-Net
This was a really fun conversation with an innovative founder in home-services franchising.
Carmelo has done more than just build a professionalized painting business, he’s also created product and application innovation.
Check out our conversation here to see what I mean!
Disclaimer: This Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any franchises, securities, or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the franchise and/or securities laws of such jurisdiction.
All Content in this email is information of a general nature and does not address the detailed circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Nothing in the email constitutes professional and/or financial advice, nor does any information in the email constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other Content in this email before making any decisions based on such information or other Content.