🍟 10/4/2021 – Wing It On! And PetWellClinic
Wing It On! is a fast-casual chicken concept that offers a simple menu, easy to use digital/mobile experience, and a ton of focus on hospitality. Takeout and delivery drive between 85-90% of store revenues (on average), with each meal containing fresh (never-frozen) all natural chicken wings free of hormones and steroids.
PetWellClinic is a vet clinic for dogs and cats with an innovative walk-in model. As pet ownership continues to increase nationwide, PetWellClinic strives to be a convenient option for pet owners who don’t want to set appointments, and instead can walk-in at their convenience to have their dog or cat treated for minor illnesses and ailments. Note: franchise owners do have to hire a veterinarian for this franchise.
On to the breakdowns
Wing It On!
- Founded in 2011; franchising since 2014
- 9 units open as of 2021; dozens more in development
- Locations can range from 1,000 square ft. up to 1,700 square ft.
Fees + Investment
- Royalty: 4.5% of gross sales
- Brand Fund: 2% of gross sales
- Franchise Fee: $29,500
- Initial Investment: $214,451 – $392,229
- The following table illustrates gross revenue of the three locations that were open for the full calendar year 2019
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
With minimal data it’s tough to take too much away from the performance numbers. The pro’s in my mind are that up to 90% of revenue is from takeout/delivery, and the franchise growth they’ve experienced this year has been impressive (see press releases below). There’s certainly still questions, but any early franchise that has territories being gobbled up is worth looking into further.
- Founded in 2012, franchising since 2019
- 6 units as of 2021, 50+ units in development
- Locations are 800-1,200 square feet
Fees + Investment
- Royalty: 7% of gross sales
- Brand Fund: Currently 0%, can be up to 2% of gross sales
- Franchise Fee: $49,250
- Initial Investment: $144,200 – $253,500
- The below table presents profit and loss statements from three affiliate owned clinics that were opened for more than 1 year as of the end of 2019
The Wolf’s Take 🍟
The disparity in the performance of locations is likely very correlated to the fact that West Hills was the only location open a full seven days a week (while Midland for instance was open just 1 day/week at times in 2019). Given this, the West Hills performance is very impressive, even after factoring in a vet’s salary. Just like Wing It On!, PetWellClinic has sold some large territories to multi-unit operators and appears to already be benefiting from the tailwinds the pet industry is currently experiencing.
- OrangeTheory Franchisee Brings PetWellClinic to Colorado
- Something To Bark About: PetWellClinic Experiencing Incredible Growth
Disclaimer: This Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any franchises, securities, or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the franchise and/or securities laws of such jurisdiction.
All Content in this email is information of a general nature and does not address the detailed circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Nothing in the email constitutes professional and/or financial advice, nor does any information in the email constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other Content in this email before making any decisions based on such information or other Content.